Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious and robust dairy-free summer lunch.
Make and share this Feta Tuscany Pitas (Vegan) recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup spinach
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 6 ounces black olives
- 2 ounces pimientos
- 5 whole whole wheat pita bread
- Whisk together in a bowl the water, lime juice, salt, basil, garlic powder and shaking pepper to make a dressing.
- Drain the tofu completely then crumble it with a fork and mix in the dressing. Let it sit in fridge for 30 minutes. This is your vegan feta cheese!
- Prepare the veggies by chopping your spinach (like shredded lettuce), dicing your olives, and chopping your green onions.
- Remove your feta cheese from the fridge (after 30 minutes) and drain the juices out. You can save the juices to use as a dressing later.
- Mix your veggies and feta cheese together.
- Cut in half and toast your pita pockets in the toaster then stuff with the feta/veggie mixture. Serve immediately.