Recipe by abby orchard
This is similar to a recipe I found in a Mexican cookbook but I altered it to suit what I had in the cupboard that night! It's less greasy and fattening than all the cheese based ones around so it makes a pretty healthy dinner with some home made salsa, guacamole and shredded lettuce.
- 8 flour tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 1 red pepper
- 1 (500 g) package Greek feta cheese
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of freshly chopped green chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander
- oil (for brushing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- brush 2 x large baking sheets with oil.
- Dice the potatoes into small cubes and simmer in boiling water until soft.
- Meanwhile saute chile and garlic in a little olive oil until aromatic and softened.
- Crumble the feta cheese into a bowl and add the cooked potatoes, add the garlic/chile mix, sliced red pepper, coriander and add seasoning to taste.
- Then gentley whisk the eggs and add to the mixture.
- In a saucepan cook the mixture until the eggs are set stirring at regular intervals.
- Dip each tortilla briefly in simmering water to soften and then spoon a tablespoon of the mixture on one half of the tortilla and fold the other half overpressing down to seal (it should seal on it's own beause you have moistened it.).
- Then brush with a little oil and put on the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all mixture/tortillas are used.
- Put then in the oven and bake for 12-15 mins until the quesadillas are golden and crispy.