Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This really has nice flavor and is so moist. I had a bit too much stuffing and so I threw the extra over some steamed zucchini and red potatoes. Yum! From Cooking Light - April 2007.
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, packed without oil
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan; add tomatoes.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain and slice into thin strips.
- Combine tomatoes, cheese, 2 teaspoons chopped basil, oregano, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each piece to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. (Not too thin though!).
- Cut a horizontal slit through one side of each chicken breast half to form a deep pocket.
- Stuff 1/4 cup tomato mixture into each pocket.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Fold 4 sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil in half crosswise.
- Open foil; place 1 1/2 teaspoons butter on half of each foil sheet.
- Lay one stuffed chicken breast half on top of each portion of butter.
- Place 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon rind on top of each stuffed chicken breast half, and drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon chicken broth.
- Fold foil over chicken, and tightly seal edges. Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake packets for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Unfold packets carefully, and thinly slice each chicken breast half.
- Garnish each serving with 1/2 teaspoon sliced basil, if desired.