Simply delicious! It MAY seem complicated but really, IT'S NOT! And believe me - I assure you it will be received so enthusiastically that you will definately want to make it again. The preparation time does not include the time it takes to make the dough, or for it to rise, or the time it takes to lightly toast and chop the almonds, and other fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the dough, I use my recipe see Challah-lah!.
- 2Beat together the softened butter, sugar, flour and almond extract.
- 3Fold in the nuts and fruit.
- 4Knead the dough LIGHTLY for about 1 minute.
- 5Roll out into a rectangle (about 10-12" x 30") on a well floured surface.
- 6Dot the filling evenly over the dough.
- 7Roll up tightly, beginning from the LONG edge.
- 8Using a sharp knife, cut the roll in half lengthwise, leaving the 2 pieces joined at the top/beginning.
- 9Twist the two loosely together- cut sides outer most.
- 10Bring the ends together (and pinch firmly), forming a ring.
- 11Place on a floured oven tray.
- 12Leave to rise in a warm, draught free place for about 1 hour (by then it should have doubled in size).
- 13Dab lightly with egg glaze and bake at 200C for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 14Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before drizzling with icing (made by mixing 1 cup sifted icing sugar with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice until smooth).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 'Festive Wreath'
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1148.3
- Calories from Fat 696
- Total Fat 77.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 106.8 mg
- Sodium 294.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 63.9 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
glace green cherries