Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Simply Simpatico Junior League of Albuquerque Cookbook. Haven't tried this yet but posting for safekeeping.
- 2 lbs fish fillets
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese crackers (crushed, like Cheez-its)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Dip fillets in dressing and dip in cracker crumbs. Place on a well greased cookie sheet; drizzle with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake until done (about 8-10 minutes depending on thickness of fillets).
This was good and so easy to do. I used tilapia, and the end result was nicely flavored from the Italian dressing and cheese crackers. The orange-red color was very pretty as well.
I am always looking for ways that complement fish, enhancing the flavor and cutting back on the fishy flavor, this recipe is super easy and does just that. Love the slight cheese flavor. Made for ZWT5.