Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Marinating time is not included in the Prep. time.
Make and share this Fennel and White Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked white beans, such as cannellini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄4 lb pecorino romano cheese, shaved or grated
- 1⁄2 cup raw almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley
- In a large bowl, combine beans, olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Marinate at room temperature 2 hours.
- Add fennel, pecorino Romano, almonds, and parsley to beans; toss gently to combine.
- Transfer to a platter or serving bowl.
I thought this was an excellent recipe, a great way to use fennel which is not used enough, I love it. I followed the recipe exactly and did use cannellini beans which I cheated and used from the can. Why heat up the kitchen unnecessarily. The only thing I will add next time is garlic salt instead of plain salt.
Very tasty salad, I used the canned beans (washed and drained)too. Added a crushed clove garlic and used toasted slivered almonds because that is what I had. The soft beans mixed with the crunchy fennel and nuts created a nice texture,shaved the cheese Yummy!!