Recipe by davinandkennard
Fay was one of my mom's most elegant friends. This is her recipe for a likewise elegant berry pie. It can also be made with crushed peaches.
- 1 prebaked pie shell
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup crushed berries or 1 cup peach
- 1 cup fresh berries or 1 cup peach
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- Add the boiling water and cook until clear.
- Add the crushed berries or peaches.
- Cook a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and add the butter and cool. (if using peaches add a bit of almond extract.).
- Add the fresh berries or peaches to the prebaked pie shell.
- Pour the cooled mixture over the fresh fruit and chill.
- Serve with whipped cream.