Recipe by andypandy
this is the main one I make for my company..give it a try its sure to please...even my mom can make this one..!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold salted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup apricot jam (for top of base)
- 1 tablespoon water (for top of base)
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar (for in the stiffly beaten whites)
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a 9 inch spring form pan, by foiling all the outside to seal.
- Prepare crust: Sift flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Cut in the cold butter until a fine crumb forms.
- Add in the one large egg.
- Mix as you would a tender pie crust just until combined.
- Do not over handle.
- Divide into two flat discs and wrap and chill.
- Roll first disc out to fit bottom of pan.
- Return to fridge.
- Roll out second disc to nine inch long.
- Make three strips, and place one at a time around the pan,pressing to seal, for the sides.
- Chill one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat two egg white until foamy.
- Add the 1/3 cup sugar gradually until soft peaks, not dry, are formed.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and add the sour cream.
- Add the vanilla, grated rind.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add the 2/3 sugar slowly.
- Beat well.
- Add the two egg yolks, and beat, blending well.
- Fold in the soft whipped egg whites and combine by folding with a whisk.
- Mix apricot preserves with water over low heat.
- Brush preserves over the bottom of well chilled crust.
- Pour in the cream cheese filling.
- Place in oven.
- Can place a large pan of water on a shelf under, or can also use a rack and place cake in the water bath.
- Bake for one hour.
- Should be puffy and golden, will shrink on cooling.
- Turn oven off open door, and leave to cool with door open for 30 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack until completely cooled.
- After you know it is well cooled, cover, and refrigerate overnite.
- Serve with fresh berries and cream.