Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Delious, flavorful lasagna found in Simply The Best Cookbook, by Spencer (Iowa) Women of Today. Uses cottage cheese. Cuts nicely and holds shape. Best we have eaten. Cooking time includes the 30 minutes the sauce needs to simmer. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 2 1⁄2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dry onion flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Grease pan, brown meat, drain. Add garlic, parsley flakes, basil, salt, tomato paste and water. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook noodles until al dente, rinse in cold water.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs, salt, pepper, parsley flakes, cayenne, oregano, Tobasco, garlic powder and dry onion.
- Put thin layer of sauce on bottom of pan. Put 1/3 of noodles in pan, then 1/3 cottage cheese mixture, 1/3 Mozzarella cheese, then 1/3 meat mixture. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Let set for 10 - 15 minutes prior to cutting.
Very good recipe. The only thing I did differently was I left out the Tabasco and Cayenne. My husband really enjoyed it. Made for PAC Fall 2012 game.