1/1 Photo of Favorite Homemade Chicken and Noodles
1 hr 45 mins
Danette Fisher's Note:
I wanted to share with everyone this quick and easy noodle recipe that my mom used to make when she was short on money but always had these ingredients in the kitchen. I will show you how to make it so that it is not as fattening as when she made them but they still taste as wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- pepper (optional)
- 6 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons milk or 6 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 cup flour (set aside to use while rolling out the noodles)
- 1Put chicken breasts and water and salt and pepper in dutch oven/stew pot to boil.
- 2(Continue to low boil until noodles are made).
- 3Mix remaining ingredients (mixing by hand is the best way).
- 4Add flour (if needed) until you get firm not hard ball.
- 5Roll out on floured pastry sheet or where ever you roll out dough.
- 6Keep flouring and flipping dough till you have the thickness you desire (I recommend 1/8-inch).
- 7Flour flat dough then roll up.
- 8Cut to thickness desired (I recommend 5/8-inch).
- 9Before unrolling the strips, sprinkle flour on them, unroll them and add more flour mix them together, place noodles and all the flour in a bowl.
- 10Let set.
- 11Remove the chicken from the pot and cut into chunks or strips.
- 12Add the canned broth to the water.
- 13Bring to boil, add the noodles, remaining flour and the chicken to the pot stir well, bring to boil then simmer stirring often.
- 14Done in about an hour.
- 15Wonderful served over mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Homemade Chicken and Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 2299.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 17.1 g