Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my youngest daughter's favorite potato casserole. I have been making this for 20 years.
Make and share this Favorite Cheesy Potato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and cut potaoes into bite sized chunks. Place in pan with water and boil until fork tender. Drain.
- Spray a 8x11 baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Add drained potatoes, Cream of Chicken Soup and Sour Cream. Mix well in baking dish. Stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Note: I sometimes add cooked, crumbled bacon and or scallions to this dish.
This recipe is excellent just as is and thank you for submitting. I did choose to make a few additions that really turned it into a hearty & satisfying meal. I used cream of celery soup and a little more than a cup of sour cream, added some Mrs. Dash seasoning. Then I sauteed 1 pound of diced Turkey Kielbasa in some minced garlic and a touch of dried thyme and added it all to the potato mixture in a 11x13 baking dish.... YUMMY!!! It really hit the spot as a great "comfort" dish tonight as we are currently experiencing below zero temps!! :)
I LOVE this recipe! I have brought it to two potlucks since Thanksgiving and it is the first dish gone. People are scraping the dish clean to get every last bit. My daughter has a Christmas Eve birthday and I'm making it right now to have with her birthday dinner. I make bacon and crumple it up in the recipe.
Another great recipe! I made this last night and I did add a little diced onion and minced garlic (love those two items) and served it along with your Mom's Meatloaf #351569, steamed asparagus and Mad Terry's Pickled Mushrooms #200755 by Mike#2. DH loved the comfort food dinner and could mainly just say yummmmmmm. Thank you! Made for Spring PAC 09.