Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Oh so good and so easy! A favorite at our home!
- Ready In:
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered (I like to use Yukon Gold Potatoes)
- 1 (3 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 dash paprika
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender; drain.
- Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, onions, melted butter, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Place in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika and dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375º for 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Followed directions to a T. All the kids ate them, even suffering through the green onions without too much complaint. Our two year old had seconds. My husband was disappointed though when he heard we were having cheesy mashed potatoes but there wasn't any melty cheese. May have to add that next time :)Reply
This was absolutely delicious!!! I only made a few changes. I added sauteed onions instead of green onions because thats all I had. Then I added shredded cheese to the top and then sprinkled french's french fried onions on top. I baked it for 15 mins, until the onions got brown, turned the oven off and left it in for the other 15 mins so they wouldnt burn. WOW! It was awesome!!!! There was only 2 of us and we ate 3/4 of the whole thing!Reply
see 30 more