Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Apples dipped in a homemade caramel - a harvest time favorite. Yum!
- 1 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 dash salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 tart apples, washed, dried
- Place peanuts in small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan; add brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil (10 to 12 minutes). Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a firm ball or candy thermometer reaches 245°F (20 to 25 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Dip apples into caramel mixture. Dip 1 end of each apple into peanuts. Place onto buttered waxed paper.