Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
A taste of summer Italian-style is on offer here in this simple but effective recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chile, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 8 ounces fava beans, blanched and shelled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄2 ounces pecorino cheese, shaved
- 3 1⁄2 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 slice country bread, to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the onion, garlic and chili until fragrant. Add fava beans and lemon juice. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and fry briefly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the mint and Pecorino cheese, tossing together.
- Toss the salad leaves with remaining olive oil and the balsamic vinegar and place on a serving dish. Top with the broad bean mixture. Serve at once with slices of country bread.