Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This fat-free vegan muffin recipe gets plenty of moisture (and healthy fiber) from apple juice and fruit, so there's no need for margarine or oil, which adds fat as well as calories. If you're looking for a healthy fat-free or low-fat vegan breakfast, this is a good one to try.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar. Add the apple juice, apple and mashed banana and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until muffins raise and are golden brown. Enjoy!