Prep 2 mins
Cook 50 mins
A very easy vegetable dish that improves in flavour the next day, and keeps well in the freezer. Add some cooked diced carrot for a 'sweet' flavour and some coriander and/or cumin.
- Gently fry the onion in the olive oil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the frozen beans (do not add water).
- On a low heat let the beans slowly cook turning the beans regularly as they defrost.
- The water from the beans is enough to keep the bottom of the pan covered in liquid (but keep an eye on it though).
- When the beans are soft enough to your liking add the tinned tomatoes salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil.
- Serve with plain basmati rice.
not even close to a true fassoulia, which is a white bean stew from the Mediterranean.
I can not give more than two stars to this recipe. Yes, it's easy, but that's about everything. It doesn't taste like much, not even with the carrots and coriander. I made a third version with some dried chilli pepper flakes which came out slightly better.
My kind of recipe for those days when I do not want to think as I cook dinner. Opening packets and cans made for very little work and this recipe tastes pretty good.