Recipe by Angela Sara
A very easy vegetable dish that improves in flavour the next day, and keeps well in the freezer. Add some cooked diced carrot for a 'sweet' flavour and some coriander and/or cumin.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 kg frozen cut green beans (string/runner beans)
- 3 (7 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently fry the onion in the olive oil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the frozen beans (do not add water).
- On a low heat let the beans slowly cook turning the beans regularly as they defrost.
- The water from the beans is enough to keep the bottom of the pan covered in liquid (but keep an eye on it though).
- When the beans are soft enough to your liking add the tinned tomatoes salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil.
- Serve with plain basmati rice.