Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from one of the recipe sites but can't remember which one. I was looking for a different one to use with eggs for a morning type casserole. We like this one and hope you do too.
- 3 cups frozen hash browns
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (3 ounce) canmild diced green chilies (or 1 7oz. can if you like things more spicy)
- 1 cup diced ham (whichever or both) or 1 cup crumbled bacon (whichever or both)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- salt and pepper, to your taste
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 2 quart casserole.
- Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of it.
- Sprinkle with cheese then han, green inion and green chilies.
- In medium bowl combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over potato mixture.
- Bake uncovered until center is set or knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sliced black olives.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.