Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A favorite recipe that I make for my friend for her birthday every year. She looks forward to it. You won't believe how good Farina cereal and bread crulmbs can taste in a cake! You must try this!
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup farina, uncooked
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 egg whites, beaten
- 1⁄2 quart Cool Whip
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- extra whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Beat egg yolks in large mixing bowl. Combine all of the other ingredients except the egg whites. Mix well. In separate bowl, beat egg whites till stiff peaks form. Fold these into other ingredients. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 325 for 40 minute.
- When cold, break into pieces. Layer these pieces in a medium size plastic bowl, altertnating with layers of cool whip. Chill overnight. Turn bowl upside down on a plate. Cake will come out nicely. Spread the remaining cool whip all over the cake and decorate with the cherries any way you like. Serve with more whip cream! Keep cold until ready to eat.