Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a huge favorite at my get togethers, it's the perfect spread with crackers, it's easy to put together just layer and serve. It can be prepared hours in advance and refrigerated until serving time. Once your guests try this everyone will want the recipe it's *that* good!--- 2 cups fresh cooked baby shrimp can be used in place of the canned, but canned is much easier, you will love this! :)
Top Review by funkycamper
Good recipe but I think it would have been better with only about half of the veggies and cheese to sprinkle on top. There was a tad too much and it overpowered the flavor of the shrimp. Also, I wish I had drained the shrimp more using paper towels to blot up more of the moisture in them as the moisture pooled. Next time, I will also save some shrimp to scatter on the top of the dish so people know what it is. People didn't know it was a shrimp dip and thought it was something more on the order of a nacho dip based on the appearance. And, since the shrimp flavor was masked by so much cheese and veggies, even then it didn't have enough shrimp flavor. Anyway, a very good recipe that with a few tweaks should be a great recipe. And a nice change from the usual shrimp dips I've had.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing, I use Hellman's for this)
- 3 (4 ounce) cansbroken shrimp, rinsed with cold water and drain well
- 1 cup seafood cocktail sauce (or to taste)
- 2 1⁄4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 large firm tomatoes, chopped (can use two if desired)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare about one 12-inch dish or a glass pie or a fancy quiche plate.
- In a bowl, combine/whisk together the softened cream cheese, sour cream garlic (if using) and mayonnaise; spread into bottom of prepared dish.
- Scatter the shrimp over the sour cream mixture.
- Top with the cocktail sauce (you can use more than 1 cup if desired) then the mozzarella cheese, green peppers, chopped tomatoes, and last the chopped green peppers on the top.
- Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers.