This is a huge favorite at my get togethers, it's the perfect spread with crackers, it's easy to put together just layer and serve. It can be prepared hours in advance and refrigerated until serving time. Once your guests try this everyone will want the recipe it's *that* good!--- 2 cups fresh cooked baby shrimp can be used in place of the canned, but canned is much easier, you will love this! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (optional or to taste)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing, I use Hellman's for this)
- 3 (4 ounce) cans broken shrimp, rinsed with cold water and drain well
- 1 cup seafood cocktail sauce (or to taste)
- 2 1/4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 large firm tomato, chopped (can use two if desired)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1Prepare about one 12-inch dish or a glass pie or a fancy quiche plate.
- 2In a bowl, combine/whisk together the softened cream cheese, sour cream garlic (if using) and mayonnaise; spread into bottom of prepared dish.
- 3Scatter the shrimp over the sour cream mixture.
- 4Top with the cocktail sauce (you can use more than 1 cup if desired) then the mozzarella cheese, green peppers, chopped tomatoes, and last the chopped green peppers on the top.
- 5Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 6Serve with crackers.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Shrimp Cocktail Spread!
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.0
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 197.8 mg
- Sodium 587.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seafood cocktail sauce