Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very popular fruit salad that is always a pleaser at gatherings and dinner parties.
- 2 bananas (thinly chopped)
- 6 red apples (peeled & thinly chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple (chopped fresh or from a can)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 6 dates (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄8 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- Mix all the ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap or foil and let it chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or so.
- You can serve it as soon as it is chilled. It will not keep longer than 24 hours.
Really could not imagine using grape-nuts in a salad like this, but with the other ingredients, it came together well & we had a very nice fruit salad! Couldn't find a nice enough fresh pineapple so went canned! really enjoyed the inclusion of dates here! Because of the salad's short life, some neighbors got to enjoy it, too! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]