Recipe by JanetSmith154
This potato salad is a creation of mine, and I'm not sure if it's "authentic", but it uses classic mediterranean ingredients - it's on the menu at the Italian restaurant where I'm a chef. Enjoy!!!! 2 tsp might seem like a lot of salt, but it's not - you'd be suprised how much salt you need when cooking with potatoes.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive (pitted)
- 3 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and let cook about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Combine herbs, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in olive oil till well combined.
- Pour dressing over still warm potatoes, and GENTLY combine.
- Chill till ready to serve. Serve SAME DAY.