Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was tired of regular canned green beans so I thought I would dress them up some. Thought I would share my idea with everyone! Easy to prepare and serve.
- Open and drain green beans.
- Place green beans in a pot and add water.
- Cook on medium heat.
- Add green pepper, onion, bacon bits,soy sauce and accent.
- Turn heat down to low,cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Note: You can drain water off beans after cooking (optional).
This was a nice blend of ingredients. I used yellow instead of green pepper, regular onion and used a dash of worcesteshire (sp?) to the dish. Also I sauted the onion and pepper a bit first. Thanks for the recipe. It will become a staple as the kids and DH really liked it.
I tried your fried chicken leg and Cream potatoes with this green bean recipe to make a complete meal. The green beans tasted more like fresh than canned. We liked the flavor alot and they tasted good reheated. I used real bacon instead of bacon bits because we don't like the bits. Thanks Marsha D. Bullwinkle