Garlic Canned Green Beans
photo by Axe1678
- Ready In:
- 5 lbs green beans, Fresh
- salt (optional)
- garlic clove, Whole
- Wash and break green beans, then wash and rinse again.
- Put into large pot, cover with water and bring to boil. Let boil 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sterilize jars in boiling water bath and sterilize seals.
- Place 1 garlic clove into jars.
- Ladle green beans into hot jars, then fill jars with hot bean water, making sure to leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- Add 1/4 tsp salt to each pint.
- Wipe rims of jars, place hot seals on jars and tighten bands.
- Place in pressure canner and process 20 minutes at 10 lbs pressure.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the Home of Sliced Bread. My little town in Missouri is where the first loaf of bread was sliced by machine, many years ago. <br /><br /><br />My favorite cookbook is recipezaar. I used to collect cookbooks, but I've given away all but my most cherished ones which belonged to my Grandma. I shop at an Amish community for my dry goods as much as possible. Right now, I'm in a canning phase and I probably will be until I'm too old to cut the mustard.</p>