Prep 50 mins
Cook 1 hr
A custard-like Serbian dish.
- 6 eggs
- 1 quart milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 96 ounces cottage cheese
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 8 egg yolks
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 4 egg whites
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- First you will make the filling.
- Mix 2 48 oz. (large) small curd cottage cheese, 1 cup sugar, 1 8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese, and 8 egg yolks together to make the filling.
- Next you will make the batter.
- Beat 5 eggs until frothy.
- Add in 1 quart milk (slowly).
- Pour in 1 cup sugar.
- Add 2 3/4 cups flour.
- Grease 9-inch frying pan with butter.
- Pour 1/2 cup batter into heated 9-inch frying pan and make a thin pancake (Crépe). This will cook quickly.
- Next you will construct the crépes and fill them.
- Fill crépes with the filling carefully. You don't want too little filling and you don't want too much. I suggest anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 cups filling.
- Roll the crépe carefully so as not to spill any filling.
- Place crépes in glass pan for cooking.
- Now add topping.
- Combine 16 oz. sour cream, 1 cup sugar, 4 egg whites, and 1 egg.
- Mix and pour over rolled crépes.
- Finally you will cook and chill.
- Cook for 1 hour at 350°F.
- Once done, chill for about 1 hour or until cold. If it happens to be winter, it works well to wrap the pan in foil and put on a table.
This was definitley not as good as my grandmas recipe. You are supposed to eat Palachinkas warm right out of the oven, and use spenda or sug sub instead of sugar. Too fattening.