1 hr 50 mins
A custard-like Serbian dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First you will make the filling.
- 2Mix 2 48 oz. (large) small curd cottage cheese, 1 cup sugar, 1 8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese, and 8 egg yolks together to make the filling.
- 3Next you will make the batter.
- 4Beat 5 eggs until frothy.
- 5Add in 1 quart milk (slowly).
- 6Pour in 1 cup sugar.
- 7Add 2 3/4 cups flour.
- 8Grease 9-inch frying pan with butter.
- 9Pour 1/2 cup batter into heated 9-inch frying pan and make a thin pancake (Crépe). This will cook quickly.
- 10Next you will construct the crépes and fill them.
- 11Fill crépes with the filling carefully. You don't want too little filling and you don't want too much. I suggest anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 cups filling.
- 12Roll the crépe carefully so as not to spill any filling.
- 13Place crépes in glass pan for cooking.
- 14Now add topping.
- 15Combine 16 oz. sour cream, 1 cup sugar, 4 egg whites, and 1 egg.
- 16Mix and pour over rolled crépes.
- 17Finally you will cook and chill.
- 18Cook for 1 hour at 350°F.
- 19Once done, chill for about 1 hour or until cold. If it happens to be winter, it works well to wrap the pan in foil and put on a table.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Palachinka Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.8
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 238.4 mg
- Sodium 873.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 33.5 g