Recipe by VeganForGood
This is a fairly healthy recipe for a Fall treat that children and adults will all love alike. These cookies are moist, flavorful, and rich in all those spices that make us say: yes, it is the season for pumpkin! And since the dough is not too sticky it can be easily shaped into any form! Great, for example, for Halloween pumpkins, witch hats, and black cats! ;)
- 1 cup canned organic pumpkin
- 1 cup vegan brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup organic applesauce
- 3 cups organic oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons organic canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the pumpkin, sugar, oil, and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, then add to the pumpkin, mixing well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet or shape into any shapes you like: get creative!
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until done.
- Feel free to decorate with colored icing! :).
- HINT: If you want to use fresh pumpkin instead of canned, cut it into quarters, bake (the part with the skin up) until done. Peel (it's really easy if the pumpkin is ready!), then put into a blender until smooth.