1/3 Photos of Family Favorite Healthy Minestrone Soup!
1 hr 5 mins
This is our family's favorite minestrone soup recipe. We've tried others and keep coming back to this one, because it's usually healthier (no oil) and has more ingredients I have on hand. It's such a healthy filling meal. We are not sure where the recipe came from, but it's been on a piece of paper that is falling apart and I knew if I didn't put it in here I might lose it forever one day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups vegetarian chicken stock
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes (can also use fresh-I usually one can along with chopped fresh tomatoes) or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (can also use fresh-I usually one can along with chopped fresh tomatoes)
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (I use fresh kidney beans often also)
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (or canned will work)
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup pasta, uncooked (your choice of favorite style pasta. I usually use spirals or penne, but really it depends mostly on)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1In a large soup pot combine the stock, the undrained tomatoes, potato, onion, celery, carrot, cabbage, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 2Stir in the beans, corn, zucchini, and pasta. Simmer for 10 to 15 more minutes until the vegetables are tender. Season wit salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Favorite Healthy Minestrone Soup!
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.1
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 464.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: