Easy Healthy Minestrone Soup
photo by Cleanfreshcuisine
- Ready In:
- reduced sodium garbanzo beans, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup dry pasta (elbow macaroni or shells work best)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 green onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced eggplant (peeled)
- 1 cup diced sweet pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 (32 ounce) containers Swanson vegetable broth
- 1 cup diced carrot
- In a large soup pot, sauté the garlic and green onion in olive oil until soft over medium high heat about 4 to 5 minutes. Add celery, carrots, eggplant and sweet peppers. Mix well and cook for an additional 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add sea salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well and add canned tomatoes, undrained garbanzo beans, red wine and vegetable broth. Bring to a rolling boil over medium high heat. Turn heat to medium. Cook and stir for 30 minutes. Stir in pasta and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Serve with a tossed green salad and fresh bread.
- Serves 8.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Kyle and I am a Mom, a chef, a blogger and an event planner