Minestrone Soup- Zero Points...no Pasta....no Beans
photo by Pam-I-Am
- Ready In:
- 28 ounces tomatoes (2 cans of petite cut)
- 14 ounces chicken broth (1 can)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 cup zucchini (diced)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Pour one can of petite-cut tomatoes into soup pan with minced garlic and puree this mixuture until it's difficult to see the garlic pieces.
- 2. Mix in tomato paste.
- 3. Using a medium ribbon microplane grater or cheese grater, grate onion into soup pan.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WOW, this soup is fantastic!!!! It has an intense garlic, tomato, veggie, herb flavour, that is really, really nice. I didnt think that such simple ingredients could be combined into such a delicious soup, but now I know that its well possible! :) THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this fantastic recipe with us, Oregon Cook! Ill definitely make it again! Made and reviewed for one of my babies during Spring PAC 2010.