Carrot cake is comfort food at our house. This is also perfect divided between a 9in springform pan a regular 8 in round cake pan. Try grated zucchini as a substitute for carrots.
- 295.73 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 709.77 ml carrots, shredded
- 177.44 ml pecans
- pecans, chopped
- 118.29 ml butter
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 946.36 ml icing sugar
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 59.14 ml pecans
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and flour 9”x13” inch pan.
- In large bowl beat eggs, oil, granulated sugar and vanilla.
- In medium bowl, stir flour baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Incorporate dry ingredients to creamy mixture.
- Add carrots, mix and fold in pecans.
- Pour batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes until tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Let cool. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- In medium size bowl, mix butter and cream cheese till smooth.
- Add almond extract. Gradually add icing sugar and beat till mixture is homogeneous.
- Spread over cooled cake; decorate with pecan halves.
- Tip; Use your food processor to grate the carrots.