Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
Just what I've been looking for! My cook time was under 10 min as I used a pressure cooker, so I will be making this often. I used pre-cut butternut squash, which was SO much easier. It was a bit bland tasting so I added a couple splashes of Chipotle Tabasco, and that made it just right. Thanks Debbwl-
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 2⁄3 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 medium potatoes, unpeeled thin skined, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups winter squash, cubed, about 1 inch (butternut, acorn, any type winter squash will work)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, bell pepper, and celery in oil in large saucepan untill onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in 3 cups stock; heat to boiling. Mix remaining 2/3 cup stock and flour; stir into boiling mixture. Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir potatoes, squash, zucchini, mushrooms, peas, and herbs into stew. Simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- RECOMED: Topping with Herb Dumplings.
- Spoon dumpling mixture on top of stew in 6 large spoonfuls; cook over low heat, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cook, covered, 10 minutes longer or until dumplings are tender and pass the toothpick test.