Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can't remember where I found this recipe but I finally got around to making it for a party last night and it got rave reviews. Wonderful combination of textures and flavors, with just the right combination of bitter, sweet, and salty!
- 2 heads Belgian endive, halved, cored, and sliced
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems removed
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, syrup, mustard and salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine endive, watercress, celery, and apple. Toss with dressing. Serve sprinkled with crumbled blue cheese.