Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Great hearty fall soup
Make and share this Fall Roasted Vegetable & Cranberry Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1892.0 ml of my vegetable stock
- 1 small sweet onion
- 113.39 g butternut squash
- 113.39 g carrots
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 226.79 g dried cranberry beans, soaked over night
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- kosher salt
- Julienne the onion and saute in 1/2 tbsp olive oil with a pinch of salt until well caramelized.
- Cut unpeeled carrots and peeled butternut squash into 1/4 inch dice. Toss with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and pinch of salt. Spread on cookie sheet and roast at 400 degrees until starting to caramelize, about 12 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place cut side down on foil lined sheet and roast at 400 degrees until very soft, about 30 minutes. when cool scoop from skin and set aside.
- Bring a gallon of water to boil and add 1/8 cup salt. Tear kale from tough stalks and discard stalks. Drop kale in boiling water and cook 15 minutes. Remove kale from boiling water and put in ice bath. Once cool make a ball and squeeze out all the water possible. Rough chop and set aside.
- Drain soaked beans and place in sauce pan with enough water to cover double. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and continue cooking till very tender. Remove from heat, add one tbsp salt and let sit for five minutes. Strain and discard water.
- Bring vegetable stock to boil. Add beans and all other veggies except spaghetti squash. Bring back to boil and divide between 8 bowls. Garnish with a small nest of spaghetti squash, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve.