1/1 Photo of Falafel W/ Avocado Spread - Veggie Burgers W/ Guacamole
mikey & ev's Note:
from Cooking light. A Latin twist on the classic Middle Eastern sandwich. Serve in halved pitas, garnish with microgreens and sliced red onion. **This is by no means falafel, but they are tasty! I suggest turning on the hood, these steam up quite a bit. Cooking Light says this makes 4 servings, but realistically it's 2 :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup baked corn tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1**To prepare patties** Place pinto beans in a medium bowl; partially mash with a fork.
- 2Add cheese and next 5 ingredients (through egg white); stir until well combined.
- 3Shape bean mixture into 4 (1/2-inch thick) oval patties.
- 4Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until patties are browned and thoroughly heated.
- 5**To prepare spread** Combine avocado and next 5 ingredients (through salt), stirring well.
- 6**To serve** Place 1 patty in each pita half. Spread about 2 tablespoons avocado spread over patty in each pita half; top with onions and greens.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Falafel W/ Avocado Spread - Veggie Burgers W/ Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.5
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 210.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 14.8 g