photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Add asparagus and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place asparagus into food processor and purée until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and serve.
- Yields 1/4 cup per serving.
Interesting, lower fat than traditional guac, a great way to get an extra "green veggie", and most importantly, IT TASTES GREAT! :) Yum! I have had this recipe in my cookbook for some time, and am glad that I decided to take the plunge. I would have never considered subbing asparagus for the avocado in guac, but it is incredibly tasty. This is a winner.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My husband and I are mostly retired but we love renovations so we tend to buy, fix and sell a lot :) We love to travel and our favorite and yearly destinations are Negril, Jamaica and Isla Mujeres Mexico.</p>