Recipe by carrie sheridan
Adding baking soda prevents any bitterness.
Top Review by SmoochTheCook
Yum, yum, yum!!!!! I will never use another method again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Hehe! BTW, I used Splenda instead (free samples are the BEST!) and it really didn't make any difference, but made my family happy. Thanks again!
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water just to a boil but DO NOT BOIL.
- Add baking soda and tea bags.
- Remove from heat Cover.
- Steep 10-15 minutes.
- Pour into a gallon pitcher.
- Add sugar (you can add an additional 1/3 cup, if desired).
- Stir well.
- Fill with cold water and refrigerate.
- Adding the baking soda prevents any bitterness and darkens the tea.