Recipe by Lorac
Green beans out of season ? - no time to shop ? - too hot to cook ? - no time to cook ? You will treasure this recipe! Be sure to use "whole" frozen green beans.
Top Review by carol murray
This is a very good green bean recipe. Definitely something different. It reminded me a little of the traditional green bean casserole only a much lighter version. Not as much guilt attached to this. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 (1 lb) bagfrozen green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave beans according to package directions and drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add onions and sautee over medium low heat until they begin to yellow.
- Add bread crumbs and seasonings and saute 1 minute.
- Add green beans and saute 3 to 4 minutes.