Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice simple meal for one, can be doubled easily. Really tastes great. The key is to get the meat really seared and well seasoned. You'll be amazed at how easy it is.
- Pound chicken to 3/8 - 1/4" thickness, cover both sides with canola oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken in pan and sear for 2 minutes, turn and sear second side for two minutes.
- remove chicken from pan and place in a shallow dish.
- put water, sesame oil, soy sauce and veggies in the skillet, cover and simmer on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove cover and put chicken back inches.
- Cover and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove cover, leave on heat and stir until all fond is off the bottom of the pan and the sauce is reduced to around 1 tablespoon.
- Serve immediately with sauce.
- This can be done with any lean/thin cut of boneless meat.
- I love it with lamb--I use Worcestershire, olive oil and garlic.