1/5 Photos of Extremely Healthy Fiber Packed Zucchini Carrot Cranberry Bars
This is a recipe I came up with myself after getting sick of on the run meals and I wanted to make something that would keep well during the day and energize me--while also giving me the fiber, veggies, and nutrition I need. A bar for quick snack to tide you over or even a few "bars" for a meal replacement. Obviously I like being healthy, so if you like the bread bar sweeter then use 3/4 cup of both brown and white sugar. This is good served warm with a slice of fat free cream cheese, cottage cheese, or even honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 extra large egg (or 2 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar, tightly packed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (for the buttermilk)
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons natural-style chunky peanut butter
- toasted walnuts (estimate according to how nutty you want it, you can even omit the peanut butter) or almonds (estimate according to how nutty you want it, you can even omit the peanut butter) or pecans, whatever you like (estimate according to how nutty you want it, you can even omit the peanut butter)
- cinnamon-sugar mixture, for the top if desired. (1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp sugar, combined)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cake pan (9x13) with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Mix together milk with lemon juice. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- 3Beat egg well, then add brown sugar, sugar, oil and beat together again. Add in vanilla, zucchini, carrots, cranberries and the milk and lemon mixture. Mix together well.
- 4Put the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nuts if you added any in another bowl. Mix them together.
- 5Add the dry mixture with the wet mixture, mix together until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the oiled pan and sprinkle some cinnamon sugar mixture onto the top if desired.
- 6Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until wooden stick inserted into the middle comes out clean and the bars are not sticky in the middle.
- 7Turn off the oven but don't open the oven or take the pan out, just leave it in there for 5 minutes if you like the outside crispy. Don't overbake, they become really dry and hard.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extremely Healthy Fiber Packed Zucchini Carrot Cranberry Bars
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.1
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 101.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
natural-style chunky peanut butter