Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pie takes only minutes to put together, for my family we like the lime kool-aid with a chocolate crust the best, go ahead have fun and experiment with different flavors and see which one is the best for you, a graham cracker crust works well also!
- 1 (6 g) package unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) containercool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate crumb crusts (or graham crumb crust)
- Cool Whip (optional) or whipped cream, for the top (optional)
- In a medium bowl mix the Kool-Aid powder with the sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Fold in the Cool Whip topping.
- Transfer into prepared crust.
- If desired you can spread Cool Whip or whipped cream on top of the pie.
- Chill for a minimum of 4 hours.
Delicious and easy! My little girl just loved this. I've made it twice. Once with orange and today with strawberry. I used a shortbread cookie crust on both and topped them with lots of cool whip. I put both of them in the freezer and served them frozen. Mmmmmm! Thanks, Kittencal! Made in support of the Think Pink event.
All the desserts that I make are for my kids and grandkids cuz far be it for ME to eat all these calories...right? I took another's suggestion and made it pudding-style.
I wanted to try this recipe in the worst way, but could not find "6g packages of sugar free Kool-Aid" anywhere. I did discover though that depending on the flavor the weight varies. Orange is 4.2 Tropical Punch is 4.5 Mango and Pina Colada are 3.96 Now figure that. :-) Well after checking with Kiteen I decided to use 2 Packets. I used Pna Colada and Mango. Wow What flavor. I figured that if it tasted too sweet I would just add a little fresh lemon juice.(didn't need to) So I will keep this recipe around for many more flavor experiments. Thanks Kitten! Sure glad you keep us supplied with such great recipes. Koechin/Chef