Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
no one will believe these are extreme low fat! --- yield 20 brownies/180 calories each/2 grams fat :)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa, siftened
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon water
- Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare a 13 x 9-inch baking pan that has been coated with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups sugar with flour, 3/4 cup sifted baking cocoa and salt.
- Stir in applesauce, egg substitute and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour about half batter into prepared baking pan.
- In another mixing bowl combine all filling ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto batter.
- Spoon the remaining batter over the top; cut through the batter using a knife to swirl through the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are firm and center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting; in a small bowl combine the frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Spread over brownies.