I'm posting this here so i can throw away the 6+ pages of recipes i have for this recipe. I'm still working on the cake mix so for now i'm going to say to use banana supreme cake mix. When topping the cupcakes use the black sugar and jimmies sparingly, just a few grains of both will be fine. This is a recipe still being worked out so if you feel the utmost need to point something out to me please do so.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box supreme banana cake mix
For the Syrup
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup dark rum
For the Topping
- dried banana pieces
- black sugar
- chocolate sprinkles (or whatever color you prefer)
- 1For the cake:.
- 2Prepare the cake mix as according to the package.
- 3Line a muffin or cake pan with foil cupcake wrappers. Make sure to use foil because we are going to soak the cupcakes with a rum syrup. The paper cupcake jobs won't do any good here.
- 4Pour the batter into foil cupcake liners and bake according to the package's directions.
- 5Let the cupcakes cool down a bit but be sure to leave in the cupcake pans for now.
- 6For the Syrup:.
- 7Combine the sugar, water and butter in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- 8Take it off the heat and add the rum.
- 9Put it back on the heat and let it come back up to a boil.
- 10Spoon one tablespoon of the syrup into the cupcakes and let soak. I tend to add around 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons depending on my mood. After soaking let the cupcakes cool completely so they can be frosted.
- 11For The Frosting:.
- 12Melt butter and sugar in saucepan, bring to a boil for one minute.
- 13Remove from heat, stir in half and half and salt.
- 14Let cool completely.
- 15Add to mixer, whip until smooth.
- 16Add the sugar one cup at a time and mix until smooth.
- 17Add vanilla extract and rum, mix throughly and chill until ready for use.
- 18Pipe or frost the cupcakes using the frosting.
- 19After frosting, top the cupcakes with a dried banana chip placed in vertically. Also top with a combination of chocolate jimmies (or sprinkles) and black sugar used sparingly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Experimental Banana Fosters Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.6
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 58.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
banana cake mix