Recipe by melsmom
This is the best pecan pie that I have had. The secret to this pie is cooking the butter until golden brown. There is a definite difference in doing it this way.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Very good pecan pie! I strained the butter through a fine mesh to get the little browned particles out, and used pecan halves in concentric circles, rather than chopped pecans. Otherwise followed the directions exactly. Pecan pie doesn't last long around here, and this one was no exception! Thanks, melsmom, for sharing your recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten (large)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown butter in a pan until golden brown, watch carefully so as not to burn it.
- Let cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stir well and mix in butter.
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Lower temperature to 325 degrees and continue bake for 40 minutes more.