This is in answer to a request on the British forum. From my beloved Mrs Beeton's Family Cookbook. Updated, naturally!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, core and slice the apples thinly. Mix together with the lemon rind and juice, sugar and water and put into a greased 1 litre pie dish.
- 2Cream the fat and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat the egg until liquid and beat into the creamed mixture.
- 4Fold in the flour lightly and spread the mixture over the apples.
- 5Bake in a moderate oven at 180C, gas mark 4 for 40 - 45 minutes until the apples are soft and the sponge is firm.
- 6Serve with pouring custard or melted apple jelly and single cream.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eve's Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.7
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.9 mg
- Sodium 443.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 49.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g