Recipe by LilPinkieJ
This is a recipe from Everyday Gourmet, a kitchen specialty store. It was featured on the morning news.
Top Review by 2Bleu
This made for a nice breakfast. It's quite simple to prepare and the fresh ingredients make it colorful and flavorful. The only change we would make is to reduce the amount of peppers & onion to about a third of the amounts stated, the cheese by half, and omit the cumin as it was a bit overpowering. Made for PRMR game.
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup green bell pepper, Finely Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, Finely Chopped
- 1 cup red onion, Finely Chopped
- 3 large eggs
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 flour tortillas (10-inch )
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, Shredded
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- jalapeno (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute pepper and onions in Olive Oil til softened.
- Scramble eggs in non-stick skillet.
- Add onions and peppers to scrambled eggs.
- Add Cumin, Salt, Chile Powder, cracked pepper and mix together.
- Warm tortillas in a large skillet, add filling onto tortilla. Cover with cheese blend.
- Place second tortilla over top and close press on high heat til cheese is melted through, approximately 2.5 minutes.
- Serve topped with Salsa or Sour Cream.
- More Salt, Cumin or other spices can be added to taste if you wish, and Jalapenos are always an option!