Recipe by Doxie lover in the Rock 2
I whipped this up in a rush one night and it instantly became a family favorite. It is a twist from my granmother's recipe but much more flavorful.
Top Review by Petite Mommy
We liked this recipe but it really wasn't better than a sum of its parts. Sometimes recipes come together to make some really wonderful. My family said the flavor was bland for a "recipe." We could have boiled pasta and added jarred sauce and got a similar flavor in their opinion. I thought the cream, garlic and shredded cheese added a little oomph but my picky eaters disagreed. We probably won't make again.
- 737.08 g alfredo sauce
- 236.59 ml half & half light cream
- 3-6 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g cooked chicken breast
- 295.73 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 453.59 g cooked penne
- 453.59 g fresh broccoli florets or 453.59 g fresh spinach
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly brown the garlic in the olive oil. Add chicken, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Mix in jar of Alfredo and heat until slightly bubbly. Fill empty jar with 1/2 and 1/2, cap and shake then add to chicken mixture stirring thoroughly until bubbly.
- Finally add your vegetable and cook to desired doneness of veggie. Add one cup of cheese to sauce, mix until melted and pour on pasta. Mix pasta with chicken mixture well and then top with rest of cheese. Enjoy!