Ethiopian String Beans Stew (Yefesoleya Wot)
- In a boiling water, cook the string beans until crispy-tender (10 minutes).
- Meanwhile chop all vegetables in desired shapes.
- In a medium pot sauté the onions and the leek or the green onion with one tablespoon of oil for one minute.
- Add to the onion, carrots, celery, potatoes and the rest of the oil; stir-fry until tender (10 minutes); add the bell pepper and cook for a minute;.
- Add half cup of water, diced tomato, sun-dried/tomato paste, basil, garlic, chili powder (berbere), salt and pepper; Cook it for five minutes or more;
- Drain the string beans in a strainer and rinse with cold water in order to retain its green color.
- Mix the cooked string beans and the vegetable sauce; cook it for 10 minutes.
- Add the sliced hot green peppers and remove from heat. Serve it cold or warm.