1 hr 20 mins
Healthy, High Protein 1 dish meal. Also you can eat as wrap. You can eat it hot or cold, with veggies or meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash lentils few times with water.
- 2Leave in water (tap water) in bowl.
- 3In a pot add oil and onion. Sauté until it starts to brown.
- 4Add berbere and let simmer for about 20 minutes stirring frequently and add 1/4 cup of water as needed.
- 5Drain lentils and add to the pot.
- 6Stir frequently until tender for about 20 minute.
- 7Add 2 cups of water.
- 8Bring to boil and simmer covered in medium-low heat for about 20 minutes.
- 9Stir occasionally untill tender.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ethiopian Lentil Mesir Wat
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.5
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: