Recipe by lalibala
Healthy, High Protein 1 dish meal. Also you can eat as wrap. You can eat it hot or cold, with veggies or meat.
- 2 cups red lentils
- 1⁄2 cup medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 5 garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped or mashed)
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons bebere seasoning
- 100 ml tomatoes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash lentils few times with water.
- Leave in water (tap water) in bowl.
- In a pot add oil and onion. Sauté until it starts to brown.
- Add berbere and let simmer for about 20 minutes stirring frequently and add 1/4 cup of water as needed.
- Drain lentils and add to the pot.
- Stir frequently until tender for about 20 minute.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Bring to boil and simmer covered in medium-low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally untill tender.