Recipe by lisa simon
chocolate, coffee and cream a girls best friend. this recipe is easy and extremely wonderful melt in your mouth for christmas or thanksgiving as a light desert or anytime. i found this recipe in a chatlain's magazine years ago, but i do like the white chocolate i added, makes for a nicer presentation.
Top Review by miss gracie
Great recipe, Lisa! I didn't change a thing and they came out perfect - very rich, very creamy and with a great coffee taste. The hint to dust your hands with powdered sugar before rolling the balls was really helpful - I'll use that one again with other recipes. Your addition of white chocolate drizzles really made the truffles look and taste spectacular. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces good semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- icing sugar (to roll in or to drizzle on top) or cocoa (to roll in or to drizzle on top) or white chocolate (to roll in or to drizzle on top)
Directions See How It's Made
- in a microwave safe bowl add cream, corn syrup, butter and coffee.
- microwave on med-high till hot but not boiling.
- add chocolate and stir till melted.
- once cool to the touch use a mixer and mix on high till colour lightens then cover and refridgerate for 3 hours minutes or overnight.
- make small balls (bite size) with your hands using icing sugar so they don't melt.
- then roll in cocoa or icing sugar, my favourite is to drizzle with white chocolate.
- keep refridgerated will keep in a closed container for 2 weeks but they won't last that long.