Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this wonderful salad from last night's leftovers. We had Vietnamese spring rolls (the unfried kind), and the leftovers made for an amazing Asian salad today. In the words of my roommate Erika, "Best salad EVER!" :) We used Rinshinomori's Nona's Japanese Creamy Sesame Salad Dressing, and would highly recommend it or some other creamy Asian dressing. The larger amounts of lettuce were perfect for a lunch salad, the smaller for a side salad.
- 1 -2 cup iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄8 medium cucumber, sliced (about an inch or two)
- 1⁄4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 large shrimp, sauteed (16-21 count)
- 1 -2 tablespoon salad dressing
- If your shrimp is not leftover: peel, de-vein, season lightly with salt and pepper, then sauté for about 3 minutes in a little oil over medium high heat.
- Put lettuces in bowl and toss to combine.
- Top with other salad ingredients, and drizzle lightly with salad dressing.
- I would not recommend this for brown bagging, unless you have a refrigerator at your disposal.