Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friend Geogia is a marvelous cook. She was recently featured in the cooking section of our local newspaper and shared some of her recipes. This one is one she learned from her granddaughter who lives in Greece. Knowing that her grandmother is a "foodie" she often brings her fresh-pressed olive oil when she visits. Georgia used that fresh-pressed olive oil when she prepared this for a few of her friends. If you come across some where you live you must try it - it has the most amazing flavor!! This salad is simple and delicioius.
- 2 -3 large tomatoes, halved and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 green pepper, cut in 1/2 -inch wedges
- 1 sweet onion, cut into strips
- 2 -3 small cucumbers, cut into thick 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese (chunk style is more flavorful than pre-crumbled)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil (fresh-pressed if available)
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Combine all vegetables in bowl.
- Coarsely crumble the feta cheese.
- Sprinkle the salad with the feta cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with pepper and salt if desired.
- Serve immediately or chill.
So simple, and so good! I enjoyed this with vegetables from the garden. The feta was great in it! Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar tag!