My friend Geogia is a marvelous cook. She was recently featured in the cooking section of our local newspaper and shared some of her recipes. This one is one she learned from her granddaughter who lives in Greece. Knowing that her grandmother is a "foodie" she often brings her fresh-pressed olive oil when she visits. Georgia used that fresh-pressed olive oil when she prepared this for a few of her friends. If you come across some where you live you must try it - it has the most amazing flavor!! This salad is simple and delicioius.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 large tomatoes, halved and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 green pepper, cut in 1/2 -inch wedges
- 1 sweet onion, cut into strips
- 2 -3 small cucumbers, cut into thick 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese (chunk style is more flavorful than pre-crumbled)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil (fresh-pressed if available)
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1Combine all vegetables in bowl.
- 2Coarsely crumble the feta cheese.
- 3Sprinkle the salad with the feta cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- 4Season with pepper and salt if desired.
- 5Serve immediately or chill.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Erika’s Greek Salad
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.1
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 512.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g